Last Modified Date: May 25, 2022
Cope Americas, LLC (“CopeCart”) operates the sales platform located at CopeCart (the “Sales Platform”), which enables consumers to purchase software, services, or other goods (collectively, “Products”) from CopeCart and the owners or producers of such Products to make such Products available to consumers for purchase through the Sales Platform (“Vendors”). The Sales Platform also enables third-party advertisers (“Affiliates”) to promote Products on behalf of CopeCart and Vendors.
The following Terms and Conditions (or “Agreement”) constitutes a binding agreement between CopeCart and its buyers, shoppers, purchasers, or members. By accessing, buying, shopping, purchasing, being a member, or using the Sales Platform, the CopeCart user confirms that it has read the Agreement and expressly consents to all the terms and conditions contained herein and any additional terms and conditions specified on the Sales Platform.
CopeCart provides a venue for buyers to discover and purchase from sellers around the world. It is important to note that CopeCart is not a part of that transaction. By shopping on CopeCart, you understand that:
1. You are not buying directly from CopeCart, but from one of the many talented sellers on CopeCart;
2. CopeCart does not pre-screen items sold on CopeCart and therefore does not guarantee or endorse any items sold on CopeCart or any content posted by sellers (such as photographs or language used in listings or policies);
3. Each seller on CopeCart has their own processing times, delivery methods, return policies, and other policies; and
4. You assume responsibility if you provide your own materials for an order.
As a member of the community, you have the opportunity to flag an item or a vendor that violates any of CopeCart’s policies. Flagging is confidential.
When you buy from a vendor on CopeCart, you are directly supporting an independent business, each with its unique listings, policies, and processing times. By making a purchase from a seller on CopeCart, you agree that you have:
1. Read the item description and vendor policies before making a purchase;
2. Submitted appropriate payment for item(s) purchased; and
3. Provided accurate delivery information to the seller.
When purchasing from sellers using CopeCart Payments, buyers may authorize a payment with any major credit or debit card accepted by CopeCart, by certain bank transfer services, through PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Square, Stripe, or through Klarna (each where available).
By using a third-party service, you may also be subject to an agreement with the third party.
For example, Stripe is a third-party service provided by Stripe, Inc. and is subject to the Stripe Checkout User Terms of Service. PayPal is a third-party service provided by PayPal Holdings, Inc. and is subject to the PayPal User Agreement. Apple Pay is a third-party service provided by Apple Inc. and is subject to the Apple Pay Terms and Conditions. Google Pay is a third-party service provided by Google Payment Corp. and is subject to the Google Pay Terms of Service for US users, non-US users, and India residents. Payment methods made available by Klarna are third-party services provided by Klarna Inc. to buyers and are subject to Klarna’s Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice.
When purchasing from sellers who use PayPal only, buyers may pay through PayPal only. CopeCart may share your personal or transactional information with those third-party service providers for purposes related to payments processing. The provider and processing time for your payment will vary based on the country in which you are located. If there are insufficient funds in your bank account when our provider processes the payment for your purchase, CopeCart reserves the right to contact you directly and to seek payment.
For the safety of our community, and to avoid scams and fraud, all transactions must take place through the CopeCart checkout system. It is prohibited to share contact information for the purposes of evading the checkout system on CopeCart. If you need to discuss the details of your order with your seller, please keep your communication on the CopeCart platform.
Reviews are a great way to learn about a seller’s items, help good sellers build a strong reputation, or help warn other buyers about a poor experience.
You can leave a review of CopeCart on Google or Trustpilot, including a one to five star rating and a photograph of your purchase, for 100 days after the latter of your item’s estimated delivery date. If an estimated delivery date is not available, the review window opens after the order’s processing time and shipping time have elapsed. You can edit your review, including the photograph, any number of times during that 100-day period. Your review and/or photograph and profile information will be publicly displayed on the seller's listing and review pages.
By leaving a review or photograph, you acknowledge that your content may not violate our rules for Creating and Uploading Content in Section 4, in addition to the following:
1. Contain graphic, mature, or obscene language or imagery, or any content that is subject to our mature content policy;
2. Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, CopeCart, or a third party;
3. Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a vendor’s review score; or
4. Undermine the integrity of the reviews system.
By uploading a photograph to one of CopeCart’s websites or CopeCart's mobile app, you warrant that:
3. CopeCart has license to use any content you provide to CopeCart.
As a member of CopeCart, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like Messages, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that:
1. Contains hateful or derogatory language or imagery or mature content;
2. Contains threats, harassment, extortion, or violates our rules about interference;
3. Violates someone else’s intellectual property rights;
4. Is false, deceptive, or misleading;
5. Contains unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
6. Contains private information, whether it is your own, or someone else’s;
7. Encourages or facilitates a transaction that evades the CopeCart checkout process;
8. Contains prohibited medical drug claims;
Some content on CopeCart is subject to additional requirements. Please see the related sections above.
Although CopeCart is not directly involved in a transaction between a buyer and a seller, we provide support via email to email@example.com in the unlikely event that your order does not go as expected and you are unable to reach a resolution with the seller. If you experience an order issue, the first thing you must do is contact the seller via the Help with Order link and give them 72 hours to resolve the issue. After this period, you can send an email to Copecart at firstname.lastname@example.org for an unresolved order issue in the event of a non-delivery, or if an item you receive is not as described in the listing. By using CopeCart support, you understand that CopeCart may use your personal information for the purpose of resolving disputes with other members. If you choose a refund as your preferred resolution, keep in mind that CopeCart only allows on-platform refunds for a period of 30 days post-transaction. After this 30-day window has elapsed, CopeCart cannot support on-platform refunds for your order. However, you may still communicate directly with the seller to come to an off-platform resolution. Refunds issued
by CopeCart will be in your original form of payment, and if such payment is not available, a CopeCart credit will be issued.
A non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order but does not receive the item. The following are examples of non-delivery cases:
1. There is no valid proof that the item was delivered to the buyer.
2. An item was not sent to the address provided on CopeCart.
Not as Described
An item is not as described if the buyer can demonstrate that it is significantly different from the seller’s listing description or photos. Here are a few examples of not as described cases:
1. The item received is a different color, model, version, or size.
2. The item has a different design or material.
3. The seller failed to disclose that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
4. The buyer received the incorrect quantity of items (e.g., the buyer purchased three items but only received two).
5. The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
6. The condition of the item is misrepresented (e.g., the item is described as new but is used).
Not as described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
1. The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
2. The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
3. The seller did not ship the item(s) according to their processing time or the date agreed upon in Messages.
If CopeCart determines that an item is not as described, the seller will be required to refund the order, including original shipping and return shipping, if applicable.
Some disputes do not qualify for CopeCart’s case system. These include:
1. Items that are damaged by shipping carrier (if properly packaged by the seller).
2. Items that have been altered, used, worn, washed, or discarded after receipt.
3. Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays.
4. Items that are returned without a return agreement.
5. Items that are accurately described but do not meet a buyer's expectations.
6. Cost of shipping disputes.
7. Items that are purchased in person.
8. Items prohibited from sale on CopeCart, including services and intangible goods.
9. Transactions where payment is not made via CopeCart’s checkout system.
Requesting a Cancelation
Only sellers may cancel transactions. Buyers may request that a seller cancel an order via Messages.
Returning an Item
Each seller has his or her own return policies, which should be outlined in their Vendor Policies. Not all sellers accept returns.
Want to scale your sales and put the power of automation to work for you? Register now for free and start selling online today.